Monday, February 9, 2015

had never existed

That day, I was spending my weekend at the shopping mall; Empire Damansara to be exact. Alone. Typical me. I love to be among the crowded of strangers. They tell their story in their own way. I learn a lot from their behavior

When kids pissed the parents off. 
When couples sulking at each other. 
When husband and wife having their bonding time.
Or friends enjoying each other presence. 
I enjoy every scene to the bits.

 That day, I was passing by Starbucks at ground level. I stopped at the entrance, staring inside the cafe.
Three barista at the counter.A few couple at the table of two in every corner. 
A few tables of friend laughing. Look happy. 
But one that caught my eyes are that mid 30s guy.
Having a cup of hot chocolate, perhaps and reading a book. It took me a while to get what he's reading.

 'Oh, he is reading gone girl ' 

He is so into that story. It it is like he is the main character in the book. I am amazed.

I decided to take a seat at the table right in front of him. I ordered a Christmas cookies frappucino. My usual drink when I drop by or drive-thru. 

Sitting there and read books of mine; Dead Tomorrow by Peter James. I don’t really read as I can’t take my eyes off of him.

Being me who familiar with strangers, I find him extraordinarily in the ordinary way.
He is just an average guy that perhaps nobody bat their eyes on. 
White shirt, old jeans and sport shoes. 
He is tall and dark. 
He does not have the model look, but he definitely my kind.
He has messy-nerd hair and got the serious look. 
As so I said.

After an hour been there, he looked at me and smile. I am smiling back awkwardly. I looked away.

 He has approached me. Surprisingly. I said to myself 
‘Damn, this kind of situation had only become real in my imagination.’

“Can I sit here miss?” He asked my permission.

“Sure “ still awkward. People who know me would probably could imagine my awkwardness.

 “I read dead tomorrow “He is starting the conversation. 
He is totally not that kind serious like I said before.

“Really? So how would you say about it? “Still awkward, but nearly not.

 “Good read. Peter James never lets his reader down. Full of gripping twists and turns. Put your adrenaline at highest level most of the time.”

 “Couldn’t agree more “Yes, I am known as being boring person when it comes to giving an opinion.

“May I know your name miss?” He put his first step.

“Oh yes, I am Marla. And you? 

“Richard, just call me Ricky “He tried to be friendly, I thought so.

 “Oh, I see, you always here? “

“Most of the time if I'm not working, I never saw you before.” 

“Been here a few times before, but never drop by here. “ I put the book and focus on him.

 “No wonder. So you are working or studying “I don’t know it is just me or it is true, he is trying to know me better. To assume not, I prefer to go with the flow.

“I do both. I am a working student or either way “I am getting more friendly with Ricky. He is an easy-going guy.

“So here alone or waiting someone or what?” He effortlessly charming, I must say. There is something in the way he speak.

“Just lazing around. Are you working? “Stupid me, of course he is working. He is mid 30s man.

“Do I look like a student to you? Looks younger huh? “As expected, he joke me around. We both laugh. He. When he laugh, I just can't laugh along. I am amaze.

 “I am a working man. I work at the Columbia Asia Hospital in Damansara “He is telling me about him without me asking. Wow, this is going somewhere. I am excited.

“So you are a doctor?” I tried to get assure.

“Yes. Just helping people with limited knowledge. “He looks around and sipping his hot chocholate. At the cup written ' Jason Bourne '.

I was eager to death to know why ' Jason Bourne '? Don't it a character in a movie? I keep asking myself but decided not to ask him. I put the thought at death.

 “I suppose I should call you Dr. Ricky “Me being lamely joking.

 “Nahh no need. Just call me Ricky. Hey by the way, tell me more about you.” He showed me his enthusiastic.

 “I work as a project manager somewhere in Mont Kiara and pursuing my Masters in Integrated Project Management at UTM KL. Yes, I am a woman behind the building.

“Great. Just go straight to the point, actually I'm interested in getting to know you better. Perhaps I can get, any way to keep in touch with you? “He with the gentleman look, blew me away. I just can't say no. His charm kissed me in every way from the first time I lay my eyes on him.

Err, sure. Here is my number... 017.. “So sudden without me able to finish the sentence, I feel someone is bumped me away from the back.

“Miss you are blocking the way.” I heard someone jerking at me.

At the moment I realize, the conversation had never existed and my imagination getting better. 
I look at him again, he wasn’t there anymore.

" It is nice to meet you " So I walked away, heading nowhere.




_NS_

No comments:

Post a Comment