Monday, August 18, 2014

Respect.

How can people respect me?

Question that keeps lingering on my mind. Why do I need respect so much? Seems desperate? Naah~ I just feel I have to be respected by others.


Gosh, just throw away your thought! It is harming you inside. Don't you see? Well of course you can't.. It's hurting inside not the outside. Your heart feels like being ripped by a wolf, your mind feels like a nuclear bomb that waiting to explode.You should try my advice. First of all, to gain a respect from a single person you need to:


Respect others.


You should respects others before you want others to respect you. Got that?


Yeah. I got that. But what if they didn't do the same way just like we did to them?


Okay, secondly:


Sincere.


After you do everything besides than respecting people, put the sincerity after that. You can feel the satisfaction after you hold the sincerity in everything you do. Trust me, with the sincerity, it teaches you to be patient, positive-thinking and so on :D


I have try to put the sincerity in others job, but not in the respecting people. Maybe I should try then! :)


Good then. Do you understand now? I want to add something, as reminder for you and myself, but I need your opinion :) 

If in an organization, we hold a great status, as an example, a president, and we know our duties, managing people, monitor them, right? There is a member of our organization hold a status as an exco of XXX, we ask him/her to do a task that related to their scope, but he/she doesn't do the task, how do you feel about him/her? We do keep reminding him/her about the task, but he/she just make the task like an unimportant thing at all. How do you settle down this problem? I need your opinion. We have respect him/her, give him/her time to finish that task. Don't you think he/she will look down on us, just because we keep pushing him/her? Seems like he/she doesn't want to talk with me anymore. :(


Wow, you're the one giving me advice and yet you couldn't cope it? I thought you're good in handling the respect of your own member.



Well, yeah, I'm a human too. Never gonna be a perfect one, that's us.


Okay then, what I have learned from you is, respect others.Seems you do respect him/her, but I don't know whether he/she respect you or not. Well, what I had in mind, how do you know you're pushing him/her? And, don't you think he/she may have another big task besides the one that you give to him/her? One thing is, does she knows his/her duties?


For your first question, I just feel it though. Second one, I don't know. Maybe yes or maybe no. And the last one, of course he/she knows it.


Dude, how come you didn't know about his/her task since he/she working with you? What kind of president are you?


Well, he/she didn't tell me. Besides, it's not just me who have the power to give people task or whatsoever. Maybe it's my fault that I didn't ask him/her whether he/she busy or not. *sad face. 


I think you forget one thing. Now, let me advice you. You should:


Understand others.


You should understand your people. Be in their shoes. What's their problems, how are they doing today.. Doesn't mean you have a high status, you forget your own committees members? It's just sucks, okay.. Be a leader that understand a heart of others. You should concern more, treat nicely your own committee members, not just ask them to do this or that. I know you are a great president, treat them like a professional one, respect them equally, but you also need to understand them.


Thanks, dude. :)


But, if all of these doesn't work on him/her. It's the other story. You should seek forgiveness for being pushy all along, if feel that you're being too pushy lah~. Then, let him/her alone to think about his/her attitude. My patience have a limit if I were you. Gahahahahah!


"One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say."
- Bryant H. McGill

P/S: Sorry for bad grammar or missing words :) Thanks for reading. Toodles!

-Jay-

No comments:

Post a Comment