Friday, November 14, 2014

Datelog




To the guy a few tables away from me in the cafe,

The first time I laid my eyes on you, you were blatantly like nothing.
Ordinary and boring.
Ate sandwiches and a cup of coffee.
Alone.

Next day, I saw you again.
Having same menu while chatting with a mate.
You still look bloody boring with your mate.
Paying no attention at all.

Then, I saw you again, again and again.
It was a date. Kinda.
That is how it started. 

Every time I went to the Cafe, you were almost always there.
Sometimes, doing same boring routine.
Sometimes, appeared attractively.
Sipping a cup of coffee and lazing around.
Indirectly, every day of our ‘ date ‘ I learn a few things about you. 
Sometimes, you were smiling, laughing or silent.
 And when you did, I realized how perfect you are.
 You are not perfect in a normal kind of way, 
but
 when you smile, it lights up your face in the best way. 
When you are laughing, the dimple you have, your eyes crinkled.
 That was amazing in every way. 
The sloppy shirt you wore.
The shabby denim and the oldskool sneaker.
The messy of you is the beauty in my eyes.
Then I start asking myself ‘ Since when this dude becomes so extraordinary perfect?’ 
After all, I choose to walk away. Left it unanswered. 
Nothing matter.

One day, it was raining outside and I stuck in that Cafe on my way going back home.
That Cafe become crowded as the rain becomes wilder.
Among the crowd, my eyes caught someone look familiar.
Yes, it was you.
Calmly sit in the corner. Like in your own world.
Having a cup of latte and reading a book. Different from any other days.
My eyes refuse to look at another side either another person.
The book you read, the book of my favourite.
Surprisingly.

I don’t know how. I don’t know when.You have become an apple of my eyes.
As cliche as it sounds, I wish you’d notice me, sitting a few tables away from you. Reading same book.

I wish you would smile at me. I don’t have guts to talk to you.
I am afraid you would be nothing like I imagine.
One of these days, I’ll work up the courage to say hi.
And maybe you’ll smile back and we could talk about the book we are reading.
But until then..
Thank you for letting me learn something about you. 
Thank you for showing me the extraordinary side of you.


                                                        Love, girl a few table away from you.

_NS_


No comments:

Post a Comment